Friday, May 29, 2009

2nd posting

Today in science I started my 2nd day of working on my presentation. I’m still trying to find out more research info. As I was researching today I found out some statistics on animal testing ex: Approximately 17-22 million animals are used in research each year. That’s a lot of animals used to be testing on. And most of them are Mice and Rats….. there’s a very small portion of dogs and cats that are used. I think it’s about 1.5 percent on dogs and cats being testing. Then for mice & rats it’s about 85-90%.
For lots of my research I usually go to www.peta.org ..so that’s where you can find more information on statistics..etc… if you’re interested :] ~

1 comment:

  1. I think it is better to test on mice and rat because of the fact that they produce very quickly. However, if the testing that is done on the animal gives them physical pain I do not agree with it at all. I think animal testing has to be done to see how different medications work but I think we are smart enough to find a different way to test our products.

    ReplyDelete